Did you know?
Individuals, corporations and partnerships can be issued no more than two social occasion liquor permits and no more than two social occasion raffle licences each year.
Non-profit organizations can be issued no more than 12 social occasion liquor permits and no more than 12 social occasion raffle licences each year.
April 1 to March 31 is considered to be a year. Each liquor permit and raffle licence you hold during this period count toward the annual limits.
You must be 18 years old or older to apply for a liquor permit.
We will review your eligibility as a permit holder. Submitting an application doesn't guarantee you'll be approved for a liquor permit.
You have important responsibilities as a permit holder. Please read the FAQs and the Terms and Conditions for more information.
- The person completing the application must be the applicant.
- The location, date and time of your event needs to be finalized before you complete this application.
Click here for a list of approved venues. If you have a venue in mind that isn't on this list, please include
the name of the venue in your application and we will review it.
- If your application is approved, your permit will be emailed to you.
- You also have the option of requesting a copy of your permit from the retailer you'll be purchasing your liquor from, or from the LGCA Winnipeg office.
- A printed or digital copy of your permit must be available at your event.
You should contact the retailer you'll be purchasing your liquor from as soon as possible to make
sure the liquor you want for your event is available.
- Retailers may include Liquor Marts, liquor vendors, specialty wine stores, beer vendors or manufacturers with a retail endorsement.
- You should apply for your liquor permit as soon as possible. You must apply at least 14 days before your event. You'll receive an email from us when your permit's approved.
- Completing and submitting an application doesn't guarantee you'll be approved for a permit.
Valid Credit Card for Payment
All transactions are provided by Moneris eSelect Plus online payment service. They offer a secure and encrypted payment service.
You can pay using a Visa or MasterCard.